Electrical Services for Landlords
We can help you comply with Part P
Since April 2008 there is a legal requirement for landlords to have the electrics checked and certified by an approved electrician. Failure to comply with Part P Building Regulations is a criminal offence and local authorities have the power to require the removal or alteration of work that doesn’t comply. As a result landlords must follow these new guidelines when carrying out electrical work. Read more…
As a landlord, you must ensure you have answered the following questions to comply with the law:
- Is the property electrically safe?
- Have you taken all reasonable steps to ensure the property is electrically safe?
- Can you show that you have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the property is electrically safe?
Scoop Electrical Services can audit your property, give good advice, conduct minor repairs and issue certificates so that you are legal and above board.
This doesn’t have to cost the earth, but by having us work on your property, you may save money in the long run. We recommend that you:
- Have an annual visual inspection
- Every few years (dependent on the age and state of the property) have an electrical test and inspection of all installations
- Have an electrical test and inspection between lettings
- Have a PAT inspection carried out